Programs & Trainings
Certification as a Victim Service Provider lasts for three years. At the end of three years you must satisfy the following conditions to renew your certification with NCVAN:
- Complete 20 hours of continuing education in the victim services field within three years of completing the academy and every 3 years thereafter
- Have a clean criminal background--a background check will be conducted by NCVAN
- Complete the re-certification application
- The cost of re-certification is $125.00. This must be submitted for re-certification processing.
Five of the required 20 hours of continuing education each year may come from review of publications, audio/visual tapes and other victim service reference materials. The North Carolina Victim Assistance Network reserves the right to refuse any application for re-certification.
Benefits of Certification
- Recognition of professional skills and competence
- Recognition of specialized victim service training and experience
- A demonstrated commitment to professional development
- Increased value to employers and the community
If you have questions about re-certification, contact Frances Battle at (919) 831-2857 or email@example.com.
Download/print the re-certification application